IDK® Calprotectin ELISA K 6927
Sample Type (Matrix): Stool
Sample Volume: 15 mg
Incubation time: 1h 10m
Standard Range: 13-840 ng/ml
Size: 96 wells
Regulatory Status: Health Canada Licensed.
Kit Manual: Download
The IDK® Calprotectin ELISA is an enzyme immunoassay intended for the quantitative determination of calprotectin (MRP 8/14, S100A8/A9) in stool.
The IDK® Calprotectin ELISA is compatible with our IDK Extract® Stool Sample Preparation System.
Calprotectin shows high stability in feces and has been established as a fecal marker of inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD) because it is released into the stool by the intestinal mucosa in response to intestinal inflammation. It allows a reliable differentiation between organic intestinal diseases (IBD, colon cancer) and functional intestinal diseases (irritable bowel syndrome).
- Evaluation and monitoring of gastrointestinal inflammation
- Differentiation of IBD and IBS when used in conjunction with other testing methods
- Diagnosis of Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis
- Detection of colorectal carcinoma
Features of the IDK® Calprotectin ELISA
- Ideal for monitoring disease activity through stool samples, as calprotectin is not degraded in the feces.
- High sensitivity in the detection of colorectal carcinoma and polyps (CRC: sensitivity 100%, polyps: sensitivity 88%).
|Dimensions||6.5 × 10 × 4.5 in|