Vitamin D Combi ImmuTube® LC-MS/MS Kit
Sample Type (Matrix): Plasma, Serum
Sample Volume: 500 µl
Regulatory Status: For research use only in the U.S.
Kit Manual: Download
The main storage form and best measure of vitamin D supply is 25-OH vitamin D3, which is metabolized by the enzyme, 1α-hydroxylase, into the hormone 1,25 (OH)2 vitamin D3/D2 (D hormone) in the kidney. Since D hormone concentrations change in response to the demands of metabolism, the concentration will indicate the kidney's functioning abilities. If 25-OH vitamin D3 is metabolized by the enzyme, 25-OH vitamin D3 – 24-hydroxylase, then 24,25 (OH)2 vitamin D3 is formed. This form of vitamin D is thought to be related to bone metabolism and chronic kidney disease.
The IDK® ImmuTube® extracts five vitamin D metabolites in a specific single-step affinity purification, thereby separating it from disturbing matrix components and isobaric interferences and allowing for the detection of the five metabolites with high specificity and sensitivity.
The Vitamin D Combi ImmuTube® LC-MS/MS Kit is intended for the quantitative determination of 25-hydroxyvitamin D3/D2, 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3/D2, and 24,25-dihydroxyvitamin D3 in serum and plasma.
- Quantification of five vitamin D metabolites: 25 OH vitamin D3/D2, 1,25 (OH)2 vitamin D3/D2, and 24,25 (OH)2
- Measurement of vitamin D supply
- Evaluation of kidney function
- Evaluation of bone metabolism and screening for chronic kidney disease
- The combination extraction device quantifies 25-OH Vitamin D3/D2, 1,25 (OH)2 Vitamin D3/D2, and 24,25 (OH)2 D3 in serum and plasma.
- No ion suppression – Complete removal of interfering matrix components
- Short preparation time – Saving time and money
- Short gradient runtimes possible – 5 min vs. 25 min
- High sensitivity: 17 – 53 pg/ml
- Easy extraction
The Vitamin D Combi ImmuTube® LC-MS/MS Kit is for research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Dimensions||6.5 × 10 × 4.5 in|